DIYPC Cuboid and Airflow

kaibeans

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Has anyone built a good system in the DIYPC Cuboid?

I've been considering it as a case for my new build but I have a couple of concerns..

1. Can the front fan be switched out?
1a. instead of using a huge fan, can I just place several smaller ones?
2. Is it advisable to place a fan on the lower back section of the case(I think it can fit an 80mm fan)?
2a. Intake or Exhaust?
3. Is it good?

Solution
From Newegg's product page;
120mm Fans
1 x 120mm LED Red Fan x rear (pre-installed)
2 x 120mm or 140mm Fans x Top (optional)

140mm Fans
1 x 140mm LED Red Fan x Front (pre-installed).

So you can swap out the front fans with a 120mm at the front and the rear comes pre installed with a 120mm fan at the rear.

Several smaller fans although would move the same amount of air it would do it at a higher noise level thus it's advised to have the largest possible fan on your system provided it has the appropriate mounting holes to maintain airflow over your components. I would however advise that you go through positive and negative airflow inside a chassis. You will find more food for though here.

I would...

Lutfij

Titan
From Newegg's product page;
120mm Fans
1 x 120mm LED Red Fan x rear (pre-installed)
2 x 120mm or 140mm Fans x Top (optional)

140mm Fans
1 x 140mm LED Red Fan x Front (pre-installed).

So you can swap out the front fans with a 120mm at the front and the rear comes pre installed with a 120mm fan at the rear.

Several smaller fans although would move the same amount of air it would do it at a higher noise level thus it's advised to have the largest possible fan on your system provided it has the appropriate mounting holes to maintain airflow over your components. I would however advise that you go through positive and negative airflow inside a chassis. You will find more food for though here.

I would suggest staying away from 80mm fans in this day and age since 120mm fans are readily available and are less noisier than them.

Can you pass on a budget? IMHO, I feel you can do much better. That means that the case is bad(IMHO). Please pass on your intended systembuild parts which will populate the chassis.

Solution