Dk2 worth getting to start out

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielmc24

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2015
Ok I’ve been wanting to get a vr head set. But since I’ve never been able to try it( none of may friends or fam are into tech) I’m nervous about dropping $400-500 on it and not be able to play(ie nausea or eye issues or just not enjoining it liked I hope I will). So I’ve seen the Dk2 on eBay for 50 to $100 and thought i could get it to try out first. I know it won’t have the same quality like the cv1 or Vive. But will I be able to at least be able to play most games(without the hand controller) and get the experience of it so I can upgrade when I get the money saved? I realize that most new game need the controls.
Some things I wanted to try was subnatica, vrchat, watch movies and virtual desktop. Will it work for these?

Solution
I would recommend you look into trying a Windows Mixed Reality headset. You can probably find a kit with controllers for $200, and they are fairly easy to setup since they use inside-out tracking (literally one split-end cable with a video and usb cable plugin to your computer). This way you can actually experience all the latest games utilizing motion controllers and room space. I wouldn't recommend going with a DK2 as it's fairly old tech at this point and not very capable; a WMR headset could potentially turn out to be something you keep in the longer-term too. I hope my input helps.

t1022k

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
I would recommend you look into trying a Windows Mixed Reality headset. You can probably find a kit with controllers for $200, and they are fairly easy to setup since they use inside-out tracking (literally one split-end cable with a video and usb cable plugin to your computer). This way you can actually experience all the latest games utilizing motion controllers and room space. I wouldn't recommend going with a DK2 as it's fairly old tech at this point and not very capable; a WMR headset could potentially turn out to be something you keep in the longer-term too. I hope my input helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.