Question DL DSR and unreasonable performance loss ?

Oct 11, 2022
Hey everyone! I tried DL DSR with quake champions and ive got very upsetting results. I have a 3070 TI with a ryzen 3700x. Normally on native resolution and low-mid settings i have 300 FPS standing in the corner of a map. GPU usage is 67% tops. When i turn on DL DSR 1.78x with default 33% sharpness, same texture settings (low-mid), my GPU usage goes up by only 10% so its 77% but my FPS goes down by 80(!) down to 220. Whats happenning here? what is the reason for the so much fps losage if im not GPU bottlenecked?
(native resolution is 1440p, windows 10, latest drivers, MSI afterburner to monitor usages)

Oct 11, 2022
Nvidia official reply:
"Hello

I have received your escalated case regarding FPS issues with DSR and Quake Champions. There is no expectation that DSR will increase FPS, only visual quality. Your CPU and GPU increases seem expected. If you are looking for FPS improvements try DLSS with Quake"

Isnt this utterly ridiculous? i have waited for 3 weeks for this "answer". Come on he didnt even try. This is very annoying and aggravating...