Question DLSS in GTX 1660ti

Dec 16, 2022
So using NV Cleaninstall I have enabled DLSS in the my card. And upon checking the in games I can see that the DLSS is working as well. It is really strange as my doesn't have Tensor Cores to enable DLSS.

Just wanted to know if this will any how affect my graphics card internally for a longer use.

Games I tested:
Witcher 3 Next gen update
Gotham knights
Overwatch (testing)

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
UPDATE
I can see that only the DLSS option is unlocked but there is no increase in performance.
If you are able to enable the DLSS option in your graphics card settings but are not seeing any improvement in performance, there could be a few potential reasons for this.

One possibility is that DLSS may not be fully supported in the games you are playing. While DLSS is supported by a growing number of games, it is not supported by all games, and the level of support can vary between titles. It is important to check if the game you are playing has full DLSS support, as this may affect the extent to which DLSS can improve performance.

Another possibility is that DLSS may not be fully optimized for your particular hardware configuration. DLSS relies on the use of Tensor Cores, which are specialized hardware units designed to accelerate AI and deep learning workloads. If your graphics card does not have Tensor Cores or if the Tensor Cores are not being utilized effectively, you may not see the full benefits of DLSS.

Finally, it is also possible that DLSS may not be the most suitable solution for improving performance in your particular system. There are other factors that can affect performance, such as the overall system configuration, the game settings, and the workload of the graphics card. It may be necessary to consider other solutions, such as adjusting the game settings or upgrading hardware, to fully optimize performance.

I am personally not a big fan of DLSS. It looks significantly worse than native and the implementation is not uniform across all games. The best argument for DLSS is when using raytracing. For now, I likely be skipping as the performance problems are inversed......

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I am personally not a big fan of DLSS. It looks significantly worse than native and the implementation is not uniform across all games. The best argument for DLSS is when using raytracing. For now, I likely be skipping as the performance problems are inversed......

I am not sure if that is true for all games and implementations. In many cases, DLSS actually looks better than other AA solutions in the game. Especially if you use the quality DLSS setting. It really got very good after DLSS 2.0. It almost like Black Magic.....they must have sacrificed Jensens soul to the supersampling God....

I am not sure if that is true for all games and implementations. In many cases, DLSS actually looks better than other AA solutions in the game. Especially if you use the quality DLSS setting. It really got very good after DLSS 2.0. It almost like Black Magic.....they must have sacrificed Jensens soul to the supersampling God....
It uses machine learning to make up the differences in the downsampled images. I prefer native with txaa (with its issues) than DLSS in almost every case. I do run a g9 odyssey so the resolution is very high (5440x1440) and likely influences my opinion.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
It uses machine learning to make up the differences in the downsampled images. I prefer native with txaa (with its issues) than DLSS in almost every case. I do run a g9 odyssey so the resolution is very high (5440x1440) and likely influences my opinion.

I know how it works. But the result is an as good or even better image with significantly higher FPS. I mean, what does it matter how its done as long the result is as good or better in some cases than native rendering. DLSS is making certain aspects actual better than native rendering. Did you ever watch the Gamers Nexus video about DLSS in cyberpunk? They found many situations where DLSS actually improved picture quality versus native rendering. And you get much more fps of course....

The old DLSS 1.0 really sucked. That was a Vaseline on screen disaster. But 2.0 really rocks....

TRENDING THREADS