DMA

Can someone help me with a UDMA question which is confusing me:

The page at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247951&Product=win2000

Suggests that on computers with Intel Chips on the MB, UDMA is
disabled unless there are certain entries in the registry.

My system (ASUS P4PE with Intel Chips) does NOT have the registry
entries, yet device manager claims that the current transfer mode is
UDMA. Do I or don't I have UDMA enabled? Should I add the registry
entries given on the Microsoft page?

Yes you have Ultra DMA 2 aka UDMA/33 mode. Generic driver doesn't provide
enough info about the actual mode. Install Intel Application Accelerator to
get better Ultra DMA mode.