Dmi pool - error loading operating system

b11hitman

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
basically i took a hardrive out from 1 computer and put it in the other and im getting this message when booting. The new computer is amd and my old one is intel. I dont want to format because it has very valuable documents on there. So if there is a work around plz tell me.

Moving an OS drive from one system to another rarely ever works. The drivers installed in the OS are for your other computer which is why it fails in a different system. Moving from intel to amd is a huge platform change.

You may be able to get away with a repair install, but a clean install is always recommended when changing to a new system.

b11hitman

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
yeh, put i cant risk a clean install. i looked on the net and found that setting the drivers to standard in drivers manager would make it boot but even that didnt work. I just want to make it boot.

As stated, the platform change from intel to amd is a biggy. Just get a new drive for the amd system and clean install windows onto it, then attach this drive as a secondary drive and copy the necessary files off of it.