DNF 3x The Size of MW2; DN3D Remake OK'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
3x the size of MW2 isn't saying much. Basically DNF will be the size of what a normal full game should be. A DN3D remake will be good if it has co-op. One of the best things about the original was it was one of the first co-op FPS games I'd played.

jskilnyk

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I think just about any game being made now would be better than MW2 IMO. But, a DN3D remake sounds kick ass. So many hours wasted...

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
If this is going to be as big (and demanding on your system) as I think it is, Tomshardware may want to consider using DNF when running benchmarks on hardware configurations. Guess we'll find out. I hope it's programmed to REQUIRE a minimal of a high end dual-core processor but really meant for Core i3s, i5s and i7s. DX11, too.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
A free remake is a step in the right direction, as far as tokens of goodwill go, but saying DNF is 3x bigger then MW2 isnt saying much. That games single player campaign was over just as I was starting to get warmed up :p

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]If this is going to be as big (and demanding on your system) as I think it is, Tomshardware may want to consider using DNF when running benchmarks on hardware configurations. Guess we'll find out. I hope it's programmed to REQUIRE a minimal of a high end dual-core processor but really meant for Core i3s, i5s and i7s. DX11, too.[/citation]
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]If this is going to be as big (and demanding on your system) as I think it is, Tomshardware may want to consider using DNF when running benchmarks on hardware configurations. Guess we'll find out. I hope it's programmed to REQUIRE a minimal of a high end dual-core processor but really meant for Core i3s, i5s and i7s. DX11, too.[/citation]

To be honest by judging those graphics you won't need "high end" anything. Doesn't look nearly as demanding as Bad Company 2, which I run just fine with a Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 Ghz (that's right, a mobile cpu)

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I would only expect DNF to be a far bigger experience than MW2. Hopefully, that translates into a much longer and deeper experience, as most gamers found the single-player portion of MW2 too short.

nobodyshearing

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]To be honest by judging those graphics you won't need "high end" anything. Doesn't look nearly as demanding as Bad Company 2, which I run just fine with a Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 Ghz (that's right, a mobile cpu)[/citation]
i think you missed something... the video isn't of the DNF game, it's from the DN3D remake... which is on unreal engine 3... so that shouldn't be demanding and would run much better than BC2

the developers can't really start finding the limits of today's gaming pcs... because the consoles (mostly xbox 360) are already at their limits and couldn't handle what 2000$ gaming pc can handle.

and btw... im also playing bad company 2 on my i5 laptop and its pretty smooth too :p

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
"The campaign is huge," he said. "It’s probably three times the size of the last Call Of Duty game (Modern Warfare 2). And it’s great through and through.

Good news, the birth went great, your baby should live at least 3x longer than this dead fetus.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sweet! I cant wait to play a remake of DN3D, ah the memories: Toilets, Pipe Bombs and Strippers :) Also got first dibs on the DNF Demo through Borderlands, Gearbox has made one happy fan outa me.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
They should do what Valve did with the source engine, include the original game but with a refreshed engine. Sadly, there are gamers out there who may be to young to have experienced the original game and therefor never known what they are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.