DNS keeps changing to 127.1.1.0

Willmo

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hi,
I turned my pc on today to find that the Internet was connected, but would not load any internet pages or sign into steam, origin etc. I did some research to see if I could find a fix for this, only to find that my DNS was on 127.1.1.0 (local host apparently), and changed back after a few minutes if I change it to a different DNS, or set it to auto. (This is on IPv4) which may be caused by some form of malware. I have run scans, using zone alarm, malware spy and other programs, I have removed mcaffee after reading up about how it can cause this, and it still has not changed anything. Having just don't system restores that have failed due to anti virus programs (which I have turned off for all I know) I have almost given up hope with my pc. If anyone can help, please, please help me, and don't tell me to google it... Believe me, I have tried.

Willmo

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Sadly this didn't work. And I have tried it before but forgot to mention. My hosts file is identical to the one shown in that tutorial, and I have changed it just to be certain.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Try this, run safe mode with networking, run a full virus scan and see if there are any viruses. (I said to scan in safe mode, because if you don't sometimes viruses go undetected by the antivirus)

If that doesn't work, try to access your browser's proxy settings and uncheck use proxy.

Willmo

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
The scan came up with nothing, and how would I go about doing the second part. I have been into the proxy settings, and the 127.1.1.0 appears nowhere there, it is purely just in my IPv4 section in the 'Local Area Connection Properties'