DNS problem

After installing DNS the Resource Records and SRV
subfolders are missing

- Forward look-up zone is configured
- Dynamic update is enabled
- Forwarders are enabled and their addresses are
listed
- DNS is configured in the TCP/IP section of
I applied every possible solution available online but
still not able to get the Resource records and SRV
subfolders.
Any idea how to fix this?
Thank you much.
-Zeritu

Can you post "ipconfig /all" output on the DC?

"zeiru" <zwoldem@american.edu> wrote in message
> After installing DNS the Resource Records and SRV
> subfolders are missing
>
> - Forward look-up zone is configured
> - Dynamic update is enabled
> - Forwarders are enabled and their addresses are
> listed
> - DNS is configured in the TCP/IP section of
> I applied every possible solution available online but
> still not able to get the Resource records and SRV
> subfolders.
> Any idea how to fix this?
> Thank you much.
> -Zeritu

In news:239f101c45ec5$2f23a550$a301280a@phx.gbl,
zeiru <zwoldem@american.edu> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> After installing DNS the Resource Records and SRV
> subfolders are missing
>
> - Forward look-up zone is configured
> - Dynamic update is enabled
> - Forwarders are enabled and their addresses are
> listed
> - DNS is configured in the TCP/IP section of
> I applied every possible solution available online but
> still not able to get the Resource records and SRV
> subfolders.
> Any idea how to fix this?
> Thank you much.
> -Zeritu

Possible disjointed namespace, post this:
ipconfig /all from the DC
AD Domain name from AD Users & Computers
List of Forward lookup zones in DNS.

To clarify why this is necessary, Primary DNS suffix must exaclty match the
AD Domain name and the AD DNS Forward Lookup zone name.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]