[SOLVED] dns server is not responding

Jul 11, 2020
Please help my computer does not have internet connection when other computer is connected to my hub. I need to unplug the other computer for my computer to have internet connection. How can I fix this? thanks

Solution
I have a router but it has only one port out so I used a hub for for my brothers computer but when my brothers computer is turned on my computer does not have internet connection I need to unplug my brothers ethernet cable for my computer to have internet connection. When I dont unplug it and troubleshoot my computers network it always says DNS server is not responding

That's the problem, your router only has one LAN port which means it supports only one computer at any one time. You can't overcome that limit by using a hub, the router still has only one LAN port. You need to replace that router with one that has two or more LAN ports.
Jul 11, 2020
I have a router but it has only one port out so I used a hub for for my brothers computer but when my brothers computer is turned on my computer does not have internet connection I need to unplug my brothers ethernet cable for my computer to have internet connection. When I dont unplug it and troubleshoot my computers network it always says DNS server is not responding

That's the problem, your router only has one LAN port which means it supports only one computer at any one time. You can't overcome that limit by using a hub, the router still has only one LAN port. You need to replace that router with one that has two or more LAN ports.

Reactions: dutzzyyyy
Solution