DNS Server Not Responding

Colin_7

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hi,

I've been having network connection issues with a variety of wifi dongles in Windows 10. I'm at my wits end and have thoroughly searched through this forum and what seems like the entire internet for the solution, hopefully someone can help. I'm 99.9% sure it's not an ISP issue because my laptop(also running Windows 10) is fine and my tablet and phone also can connect to the network with no problem.

The machine I'm having issues with is a desktop that I built and did a clean install of Windows 10 Education edition on. I used a Nano 150 wifi dongle initially but the connection was unusable. Incredibly slow so I decided to buy a faster adapter. This adapter is where the problems started. It was a TP-Link AC1200 ArcherT4U. The computer would see my wireless network and say it was connected but I would be unable to load any websites. I could however ping google.com and get a response.

On running the troubleshooter the network, Windows told me Network Protocols Missing and in further details it said Windows Network Sockets missing. I replaced the Socket 1 and 2 in the registry with clean versions from my laptop that is running fine.
However I still cannot connect but now on running the troubleshooter it says DNS Server Not Responding.
I have (1) flushed the dns, (2) released renewed IP, (3) powered down the router and pc multiple times, (4) reinstalled windows twice (5) set the DNS manually to Google and OpenDNS
pretty much everything on the forum or online that people have suggested I have done. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm really getting quite frustrated.
Thanks for reading and again any thoughts would be fantastic.

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the wireless adapter driver?
- Uninstall everything related to the wireless dongle you've installed.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver for your wireless adapter and with your device the only available driver is for Windows 8.1.
- Here's the link: http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/Archer_T4U_V1_150602.zip
- Once installed do test if you'll be able to connect with no problem.
- If these doesn't work do also try to disable your antivirus software for couple of minutes and see if you'll be able to connect.

Colin_7

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have wrote down that I've installed and uninstalled the drivers for the wireless devices. I returned the Archer and am now using a Netgear N600. I don't have any anti-virus software on the computer except what came with windows.