Dns server not responding!

Nov 8, 2018
My current WiFi connection isn't working, and every time I troubleshoot, I get an error saying that my dns server isn't responding. I've tried going into my ipv4 and ipv6 settings, making sure it's on auto. I've tried inputting a manual dns adress. I've tried using various cmd commands, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, in that order. Please help!

The DNS server not responding is a misleading error message. You are not getting a response because you don't have a connection to the internet. So, the question is why are you not connecting to the internet.
1. The first step is the wifi link to your router/access point. If you WiFi can connect then that is probably working.
2. The next step might be from your router/access point to a modem (if you got your router from your ISP, then the modem is probably part of the router). Routers and modems often have indicator lights to show if they care connected and data is flowing.
3. The last step is from your modem to your ISP. This can be a phone line or a cable TV line or a wireless link. If this is broken then you need to call your ISP.