DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET , I keep losing the internet connection for everything

May 15, 2018
Hello guys,

since 1 week I keep having trouble with my internet. The error I am keep getting is "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" or "DNS_PROBE_STARTED" . I have the latest LAN Driver , I have the latest WiFi driver. I don't know what to do to solve it , it's soo annoying.

Does someone have a solution?

Solution
Set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8.
Set secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

Though I personally prefer 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 because I'm tired of Google tracking me (it's a privacy thing)

stdragon

Admirable
From a command prompt, run IPCONFIG /ALL

This will list your DNS servers.

If your network adapter is set to DHCP and DNS for automatic configuration, it's possible one the DNS servers within the DHCP scope of your router is invalid. Sometimes, the primary DNS address in the DHCP scope could be invalid, timing out, then rolling on to the secondary address which is fact good. That scenario really only occurs if you've changed ISPs and forgot to update your router configuration. It happens.

Who's your ISP, and what does Windows say is currently your primary and secondary DNS?

May 15, 2018
So after looking into IPCONFIG /all , I noticed the following this:
DNS Suffix Search list is set to speedport.ip (which is my glas fiber provider's package name or smth like that)
DHCP is enabled
Autoconfiguration is enabled
DNS Servers is set to : 1st fe80::1%19 and under it it alos says 192.168.2.1

P.S: I was thinking to change my DNS servers to 1 dot 1 .

stdragon

Admirable
Check out DNS Benchmark by GRC. Just benchmark 1.1.1.1. and 1.0.0.1. Which ever ends up with the fastest response and lowest latency, make that the Primary DNS and the other Secondary as the backup. Meaning, while 1.1.1.1 might be the fastest for you, it could very well be that 1.0.0.1 is the fastest for me and vice versa. It's all about where the servers are physically in relation to where you're physically at.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm