[SOLVED] DNS_probe_no_internet - Disconnecting

Jan 19, 2019
So i have been having an irritating issue recently. My computer will connect to the wifi fine, run well. and then the Internet will stop and display a "DNS_Probe_NO_Internet" error in chrome. While the rest of the computer is also without internet.

Generally reconnecting to the wifi network will fix this issue before it happens again up to a few minutes...or an hour later.

The device however remains connected to the WiFi and is the only device affected in this way.

So far i have tried:
- Uninstalling/reinstalling the wifi-adapter on the computer.
- Replacing the router (At Telstra's expense)
- Flushing the DNS cache, and all the usual CMD commands
- Setting the DNS to Google's DNS and then also 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1

Only thing i have left to try is taking the adapter in to a repair store to see if its become damaged.

Any suggestions before i do so?

Solution
See if you can ping the router ip when you get these messages. See if you can ping 8.8.8.8

Try to hard code a ip address in the wifi adapter to see if you have a dhcp issue.

If you use a fixed ip and it still fails from time to time it has to be a adapter problem...especially since no other devices are impacted.
See if you can ping the router ip when you get these messages. See if you can ping 8.8.8.8

Try to hard code a ip address in the wifi adapter to see if you have a dhcp issue.

If you use a fixed ip and it still fails from time to time it has to be a adapter problem...especially since no other devices are impacted.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS