Question Do 2TB NVMe drives normally show as two drives ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
In win 11, the drive manager thought a 2 tb was a 1 tb. So I went into the bios and verified the drive ID as 2 tb. I changed a crucial 1 tb with a crucial 2 tb and I think windows still thought the 1 tb was still there before I went in the bios. However after exiting the bios the drive manage now showed two 1tb sections on one drive. I already formatted one section and the second one that popped up acted like a separate volume, I formatted it and ended up with two 1tb drives like I partitioned a single drive. Curious if I deleted both drives if disk mgr. would show a single 2tb drive. The Crucial part is a Crucial P3 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD, up to 5000MB/s - CT2000P3PSSD8 These things drive me nuts, what a coo coo.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
Yah, Samsung, no complains, Micron makes the crucial memory, Crucial has moved their plant to Mexico. Probably for stuffing the boards. This can be a problem as it's not uncommon to get incorrect parts placed into the part placement machines. Yet Micron has their act together, so it's a concern. After reading about others with drive issues and win11, I'm thinking Microsoft has made some big changes in the kernel of something. They did something to improve video games so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a free upgrade so you know your being used as a ginnie pig. lol