[SOLVED] Do 320m motherboards come 2nd ryzen gen ready out of the box?

Aug 4, 2019
I'm going to buy a new pc but i'm uncertain if all 320m motherboards come with the right bios for ryzen 2nd gen to be specific 2200g.

Solution
I am guessing this means that it indeed does support it "- Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse, Picasso, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) " or am i wrong? btw this is the motherboard i'm looking at A320M-DVS R4.0 .
No, this means that the board is compatible - which is it, but even then it may still require a certain BIOS behind it. Which when you look here: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-DVS R4.0/index.asp#CPU

You can see when you search for 2200G - on the right hand side it says "All" - this means ALL BIOS versions support the 2200G, which means you're good to go :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It varies on the seller, and how long the MB has been sitting on the shelf. Not all A320 boards will come with latest BIOS, some of them will. Only way to tell is to check the specific model of your motherboard in question online and check the CPU support list and under what BIOS version. If the CPU is supported with all BIOS versions, then it will work.

If not, then it depends on what BIOS it ships with - you can contact the reseller, they should be able to tell you what BIOS it ships with.

Aug 4, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It varies on the seller, and how long the MB has been sitting on the shelf. Not all A320 boards will come with latest BIOS, some of them will. Only way to tell is to check the specific model of your motherboard in question online and check the CPU support list and under what BIOS version. If the CPU is supported with all BIOS versions, then it will work.

If not, then it depends on what BIOS it ships with - you can contact the reseller, they should be able to tell you what BIOS it ships with.
I am guessing this means that it indeed does support it "- Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse, Picasso, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) " or am i wrong? btw this is the motherboard i'm looking at A320M-DVS R4.0 .

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, this means that the board is compatible - which is it, but even then it may still require a certain BIOS behind it. Which when you look here: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-DVS R4.0/index.asp#CPU

You can see when you search for 2200G - on the right hand side it says "All" - this means ALL BIOS versions support the 2200G, which means you're good to go :)

Solution