[SOLVED] do a320 motherboards have xmp ? because it isn't written on the manufacturer website.

PouyAwW

Prominent
May 6, 2020
since i have an apu and integrated graphics use system ram as vram i want to buy 3200mhz ram but i have to turn the xmp on so the ram could run at 3200mhz and i wanna know if the motherboard im buying has xmp or not

Solution
All three support 3200MHz ram according to their respective website specifications. Supporting the processor out of box, probably not. Hard to say if the manufacturer updated the bios prior to leaving the factory.

Can get it updated at a PC store or skip the potential hassle and go for an 400 series.

PouyAwW

Prominent
May 6, 2020
Which brand? Link specific manufacturer.
i want to buy one of these ga-a320m-s2h or asus prime A320M-K or asrock a320m-hdv also sorry i forgot to mention i don't know which one can support my cpu (ryzen 3 3200g) right ouf of the box i mean without bios update because i don't have any older amd cpu to use and update bios. tnx

boju

Titan
Ambassador
All three support 3200MHz ram according to their respective website specifications. Supporting the processor out of box, probably not. Hard to say if the manufacturer updated the bios prior to leaving the factory.

Can get it updated at a PC store or skip the potential hassle and go for an 400 series.

Reactions: PouyAwW
Solution

PouyAwW

Prominent
May 6, 2020

right so they all have xmp.tnx and about the cpu i can go with this one too ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 how is it ? does it support the cpu without any bios update ? and i think it has xmp too.

PouyAwW

Prominent
May 6, 2020
All Ryzen boards support XMP or DOCP(Asus's brand of XMP) to a certain level, it's described as such at the website's specs for the motherboard. 400 series support the cpu you want out of the box, no problem.
Ok then that's great but one more thing.on the asrock website(specifications of the mobo i mentioned just before) its written that picasso cpus such as ryzen 3200g can only be runned at the maximum speed of 2993mhz but for raven ridge cpus like ryzen 2200g the maximum is 3200mhz. Is that correct ? Wtf i mean the first three mobos which are older, support 3200mhz.tnq for answering

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know why Asrock did that. I think 2933 is base speed the 3200g handles natively. 3200 would be possible with overclock.

If you're not sure, go for a different brand because Asus on their b450 boards don't single out cpus like that, just by generation.

Reactions: PouyAwW

PouyAwW

Prominent
May 6, 2020
I don't know why Asrock did that. I think 2933 is base speed the 3200g handles natively. 3200 would be possible with overclock.

If you're not sure, go for a different brand because Asus on their b450 boards don't single out cpus like that, just by generation.
Alright then. Tnx