Do all 1050ti give the same performance?

hammy07

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’m relatively new to PC gaming, and I want to buy a new GPU. I had the Gigabyte 1050ti OC 4GB in mind. But it went out of stock at a local computer shop. But there’s an ASUS Phoenix 1050ti 4GB available at almost the same price. So I wanted to know if there was any difference in the thermals and performance between the two cards? Should I buy the ASUS pheonix 1050ti or just wait for the Gigabyte 1050ti OC? Does the 2 fans vs 1 make a difference?

My PC specs

Core i5 3470
8GB ddr3 1600MHz RAM
500 GB HDD
300W PSU

Thank you!

Solution
All cards in any given model will perform roughly within a few fps of each other, the enthusiast cards being in the upper range, reference lower. The biggest differences are in noise and cooling ability under high loads with the enthusiast cards being considerably more capable than single fan or mini's. That and overclock ability which kinda goes hand in hand with the cooling.

hammy07

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

Thanks, I bought the phoenix 1050ti, works like a charm though the temperatures get a little bit higher than I would have liked.

hammy07

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

Previously it was almost 80C. But then I used MSI AB custom fan profile and the temp lowered to 65C on full load. And I only have one case exhaust fan.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All cards in any given model will perform roughly within a few fps of each other, the enthusiast cards being in the upper range, reference lower. The biggest differences are in noise and cooling ability under high loads with the enthusiast cards being considerably more capable than single fan or mini's. That and overclock ability which kinda goes hand in hand with the cooling.

Solution

hammy07

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

Yeah I noticed that after buying it and comparing with other brands in online benchmarks and tests. Thanks for the suggestion though!