Question Do all Radeon RX cards use the same Adrenalin Driver?

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I just downloaded the individual driver for 4 late model AMD graphic cards... RX 580, RX 590, RX 5500 XT, and RX 5600 XT. All 4 drivers had the same file name, the exact same size, and appeared to be identical when checked with a file compare program. If it is the same exact download, why make one search for one's exact card?

I just downloaded the individual driver for 4 late model AMD graphic cards... RX 580, RX 590, RX 5500 XT, and RX 5600 XT. All 4 drivers had the same file name, the exact same size, and appeared to be identical when checked with a file compare program. If it is the same exact download, why make one search for one's exact card?
Yes, drivers tend to work with a suite of hardware rather than one specific one. It's the same thing with NVIDIA.

A possible reason for the exact search is simply because it gives a sense of confidence that they got the correct driver, because nobody really reads the extra print afterwards.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
So... if I were to switch from say a RX 580 to a RX 5600 XT, there would be no reason to uninstall/reinstall the Adrenalin package? Just swap cards and wait for the driver (or Win) to tell me new hardware was found and I need to reboot? Because I've done that and all seemed well when I opened the Adrenalin control panel