[SOLVED] Do asus prime a320m-k support ryzen 3 3200g??

Aug 19, 2020
The box of the asus prime a320m-k has "Ryzen 3000 ready" is this like brandnew release because I read on other forums a year ago that this motherboard doesn't support ryzen 3rd gen series is this motherboard that have the ryzen 3000 ready works with ryzen 3 3200g

Solution
The box of the asus prime a320m-k has "Ryzen 3000 ready" is this like brandnew release because I read on other forums a year ago that this motherboard doesn't support ryzen 3rd gen series is this motherboard that have the ryzen 3000 ready works with ryzen 3 3200g
A little background might help explain the confusion: 3200g, even though a 'Ryzen 3000' processor, is actually based on 2nd gen Ryzen CPU. That's the way the APU's work, for some odd reason.

Also, it was originally true that 300 series chipset boards were not going to work with Ryzen 3000 CPU's but at some point AMD relented and released BIOS code that allows it. It was left up to mfr's if they'd release board BIOS's though and apparently Asus did for that board so...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @Fuzion_1254

Yes, it'll work. Just make sure it has Bios ver. 4801 or greater. (Scroll down about 1/2 way and the 3200G is listed.)

Keep in mind though, the A320 chipset is an entry level (bargin bin) chipset. Not that it's bad per se, it just has.... limitations. I would sleep better at night if I knew you had a mobo based on the B450 chipset instead, which is much more robust than the A320. :)

Let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020
Hi @Fuzion_1254

Yes, it'll work. Just make sure it has Bios ver. 4801 or greater. (Scroll down about 1/2 way and the 3200G is listed.)

Keep in mind though, the A320 chipset is an entry level (bargin bin) chipset. Not that it's bad per se, it just has.... limitations. I would sleep better at night if I knew you had a mobo based on the B450 chipset instead, which is much more robust than the A320. :)

Let us know how it goes!
Thank you a320 chipset motherboards is which I can afford based on my budget

Reactions: Mrgr74
A little background might help explain the confusion: 3200g, even though a 'Ryzen 3000' processor, is actually based on 2nd gen Ryzen CPU. That's the way the APU's work, for some odd reason.

Also, it was originally true that 300 series chipset boards were not going to work with Ryzen 3000 CPU's but at some point AMD relented and released BIOS code that allows it. It was left up to mfr's if they'd release board BIOS's though and apparently Asus did for that board so you're good to go on all accounts!

Reactions: Mrgr74
Solution

TRENDING THREADS