do blk/wht wires on wifi card need connected to case?

swapped cases.

discovered old case had the white wire (never checked black wire) soldered to the case.

so no wifi/BT atm (dont want the antenna sticking out back that is why i like the internal wire antennas).

Asking for safety. (dont wanna not have em connected and risk it being bad and damaging my parts)

could I just cut wire by where soldered then (electrical) tape the wires to the newer metal case?
or do they need connected to metal/plastic/anything in first place? (i only use it for BT and case is only 3-4 ft from me so i dont need large range if that is why they are so long)

May 2, 2020
No, your case would not have any wires relating to the wifi connection attached to it. That would be strictly on the motherboard.

Just to clarify for anyone else looking this up, this reply doesn’t consider desktop builds that use M2 or other mini-factor cards. I’m looking at one right now.

The black and white wires are soldered to different points on the case itself, probably to form a loop. Can’t find details of how to figure out proper resistances and distances to move this assembly to another case, though. Easier just to buy a USB WiFi adapter! ;)