Do case fan vibrations/rattling hurt your system components?

Theminecraftaddict555

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
I haven't dealt with any fan vibrations/rattling yet but I'm just curious on the subject itself. Does it do any harm to your components and does it do any harm to the fans? This is considering that all computer components (except the case fans) are of high quality.

BTW, it's been a while since I came back to this community and it is nice to see it still kicking :D

Solution
Unless they are insanely hard vibrations, no. Most cases and fans have rubber grommets to help mitigate vibrations.

As for the fans they are designed to last even with some vibration. Cheaper fans of course will have more than others due to the bearing type while high quality fans wont. In most cases you should be fine with high quality components all around. I have never had anything fail due to the fans.
Unless they are insanely hard vibrations, no. Most cases and fans have rubber grommets to help mitigate vibrations.

As for the fans they are designed to last even with some vibration. Cheaper fans of course will have more than others due to the bearing type while high quality fans wont. In most cases you should be fine with high quality components all around. I have never had anything fail due to the fans.

Solution