Do case fans effect CPU temps when watercooled?

Scott4th

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
I currently have 6 fans on my PC.

Two front mounted intake fans.
Two top mounted exhaust fans (water cooler)
One rear (above I/O) mounted exhaust fan
One side mounted intake fan.

Currently the all of the fans speed up when the CPU warms, with the side fan getting fairly noisy.
The watercooler / top exhaust fans are set to turn up when the CPU needs them, however would turning the other fans to run in "silent mode" have any negative effects on the CPUs temps?

Also, what effect would this have on the graphics card? I'm guessing they can put out a fair bit of heat?

Solution
Basically, the less air you have coming in the warmer everything will get.
At some point, increased airflow does not really do much. I would suggest turning down the fan speeds to where you want them and see how the temps go.

If the side panel fan is too loud you may wish to consider replacing it instead of just slowing it down. But by all means try it out first.
Basically, the less air you have coming in the warmer everything will get.
At some point, increased airflow does not really do much. I would suggest turning down the fan speeds to where you want them and see how the temps go.

If the side panel fan is too loud you may wish to consider replacing it instead of just slowing it down. But by all means try it out first.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Simple test.

Find a box or desk fan, remove the side panel of your case, turn the fan on highest setting, blow air into the case.

Test your system as usual, noting temps. If temps go down more than 3-4C, you definitely have an airflow issue.