Discussion Do gamer’s prefer wired or wireless mice ?

jim1174

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Do most hardcore gamers still prefer wired mice? A few years ago most didn’t like wireless because of lag an stuff

Do most hardcore gamers still prefer wired mice? A few years ago most didn’t like wireless because of lag an stuff
I believe most eSports players use wireless now. I was watching a tech video recently where they claimed 20% of players were using the Logitech Superlight at an FPS tournament.

Im not at the level but with modern low latency wireless I cannot tell the difference to wired and a reasonable collection of both but the Superlight is now my favourite for FPS games.

Jan 13, 2023
logitech wireless (pretty much any from G series) - low latency, high polling...you can connect cable if you want to make it non wireless

I believe most eSports players use wireless now. I was watching a tech video recently where they claimed 20% of players were using the Logitech Superlight at an FPS tournament.

Im not at the level but with modern low latency wireless I cannot tell the difference to wired and a reasonable collection of both but the Superlight is now my favourite for FPS games.

Literally this minute I've been looking for a wireless mouse and not found one suitable for me, until now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Feb 4, 2023
Would be silly if they did, you are going to introduce 6-10 milliseconds of latency by going wireless. Granted it's not much, but it's something. But I've never been a huge fan of wireless anything, especially when the thing you need to plug into is like a foot away...

Would be silly if they did, you are going to introduce 6-10 milliseconds of latency by going wireless. Granted it's not much, but it's something. But I've never been a huge fan of wireless anything, especially when the thing you need to plug into is like a foot away...
With modern gaming mice the difference is nowhere near that high. It can be less than 1ms difference if you look at the fastest wireless mice https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tests/control/latency

Feb 15, 2023
As a hardcore gamer, I enjoy a mouse that is comfortable even after long hours of gameplay. I prefer a wireless mouse over a wired due to the cable always getting in the way right as an enemy turns a corner.