[SOLVED] Do games need to be in fullscreen for GSync to work?

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
Hello,

as the title says, do games need to be in fullscreen mode or can they be wiindowed mode, windowed mode (borderless) or exclusie fullscreen so that GSync works?

Gsync in this case is set on fullscreen in the nvidia control panel.

Solution
Its off by default in everything but full screen because there are some apps it just acts strange with -
yea, so I've noticed some weird behaviour - at some point, corsair's iCUE software would cause the desktop to stutter. The other application was "windows terminal" . there could be others. So not sure if it's on the nvidia side or if it's on the 3rd party application side - because for example certain versions of iCue worked fine.. and you may find the latest iCue works fine. I ended up leaving the default (Full screen only) as all the games i play have exclusive full screen.
I suppose turn it on for both full and windowed - and see how your applications react.. you will definitely notice the stuttering if it happens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its off by default in everything but full screen because there are some apps it just acts strange with -
yea, so I've noticed some weird behaviour - at some point, corsair's iCUE software would cause the desktop to stutter. The other application was "windows terminal" . there could be others. So not sure if it's on the nvidia side or if it's on the 3rd party application side - because for example certain versions of iCue worked fine.. and you may find the latest iCue works fine. I ended up leaving the default (Full screen only) as all the games i play have exclusive full screen.
I suppose turn it on for both full and windowed - and see how your applications react.. you will definitely notice the stuttering if it happens.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a...nly-enabled-for-fullscreen-by-default.433574/

Solution