Question Do I care for PC optimisation ?

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
Hello guys

I thinking about my pc optimization regarding hardware or using it at its full potential.

PC:
Ryzen 3 3100 with ryzen cooler
16 GB PATRIOT ram 3600mhz single stick
RX 5500xt 8gb asrock challenger
Asus prime a520 mk
512 GB Nvme ssd Samsung
120ssd Samsung ssd
500gb Toshiba 2.5 hdd
X4 case coolers
EVGA 450w modular bronze bq I think

I want lower temperatures, more FPS, and in general better usage of current hardware, its last bios on mobo and last gpu drivers, system is win 10 Pro and not interested in buying new hardware except new mobo for over clocking, tried smart access memory and fidelity resolution on some games

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? One other thing about optimizations, is that we need to establish a baseline for your system in it's current state, where are you lagging or feel like you're loosing out on performance? Temps in the build now and your ambient room temps?

Ewga 450w modular bronze bq I think
EVGA. How old is the unit? Are you sure on the model?

Reactions: CompuGuy71

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? One other thing about optimizations, is that we need to establish a baseline for your system in it's current state, where are you lagging or feel like you're loosing out on performance? Temps in the build now and your ambient room temps?

EVGA. How old is the unit? Are you sure on the model?
PSU is EWGA 450W bronze B3 fully modular and it at least 3 years old, BIOS is from april 2022 version 2803, i benchmarked GPU mostly and it show over average results in those synthetic tests but failed to overclock it through MSI afterburner, regarding optimization i feel i can more GPU usage and CPU in some games, my room temps are 25 celsius highest and its no smoking room if thats matther also cleaning it from dust, system is not lagging at all but i am not expert with this stuff so i guessed i can do more to get more from currennt hardware, temperatures are 75 celsius max for CPU and 80 C for GPU was in FurMark and in games 55 to 75 it depends
thanks for fast reply

Hello guys

I th8nking about my pc optimization regarding hardware or using it at its full potential.

PC:
Ryzen 3 3100 with ryzen cooler
16 GB PATRIOT ram 3600mhz single stick
RX 5500xt 8gb asrock challenger
Asus prime a520 mk
512 GB Nvme ssd Samsung
120ssd Samsung ssd
500gb Toshiba 2.5 hdd
X4 case coolers

I want lower temperatures, more FPS in general better usage of current hardware, its last bios on mobo and last gpu drivers, system is win 10 Pro and not interested in buying new hardware except new mobo for over clocking, tried smart access memory and fidelity resolution on some games
Download this.
UBM

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
That shows you have a lot of background stuff running.
Make your startup group skinny.

Think about going with a 2x ram kit to get dual channel into the mix.
Thats correct i have web broswer opened in backgroud all time while using pc and start up is strick few of programs starting with windows, now i need to sell that one ram kit then go with x2 8gb dual

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
WOW, that background usage...whew!

Yeah, select some things not to run on startup and kill some background process. Get a matched set of fast RAM 16GB+ as a start.

IMO:

next get a 5600X along with appropriate BIOS update

then, PSU/GPU upgrade to the "6/7" level of card(s)
thats lot upgrades for me now but its good that i know how and what to upgrade thanks guys

KyaraM

Admirable
Definitely prioritize the RAM upgrade for now. That sounds like your biggest bottleneck right now. With dual sticks, your CPU can communicate with both sticks at the same time; it runs in dual channel vs single channel as of now. This increases effective bandwidth, lowers latency and thus increases data transfer between the CPU and sticks, at times quite drastically. Ryzen also likes fast memory, so it would be a good idea to use two 3600MHz sticks with CL16. It costs a bit more, but is worth it. If you can't get that, CL18 is fine, too.

Next update after that, for me, would be either CPU or GPU, though the latter will need a PSU upgrade, too. In exchange, it will be more noticeable. Personally, I wouldn't go below a 3060 or RX6600XT. Prices should continue to drop over the next few months preparing for the new generations, though, so it might be worth keeping an eye out. regardless.

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
Definitely prioritize the RAM upgrade for now. That sounds like your biggest bottleneck right now. With dual sticks, your CPU can communicate with both sticks at the same time; it runs in dual channel vs single channel as of now. This increases effective bandwidth, lowers latency and thus increases data transfer between the CPU and sticks, at times quite drastically. Ryzen also likes fast memory, so it would be a good idea to use two 3600MHz sticks with CL16. It costs a bit more, but is worth it. If you can't get that, CL18 is fine, too.

Next update after that, for me, would be either CPU or GPU, though the latter will need a PSU upgrade, too. In exchange, it will be more noticeable. Personally, I wouldn't go below a 3060 or RX6600XT. Prices should continue to drop over the next few months preparing for the new generations, though, so it might be worth keeping an eye out. regardless.
can i go wiht another 16gb one stick or 8gb one stick or sell mine and go for 2x8 gb for dual

KyaraM

Admirable
can i go wiht another 16gb one stick or 8gb one stick or sell mine and go for 2x8 gb for dual
You can try with a second stick of the same model and timings etc, but there is a not insignificant chance that it will fail or require a lot of work to make them get along properly. Personally I was lucky in the past, but I know of quite a few people who got issues. If you don't mind the hassle of trying and worst case sending the bought stick back you can do so; selling the old stick and getting a matched pair would be the save route, though. Thankfully, DDR4 memory dropped in price considerably and even 32GB is available for little over 100€ over here now, so unless prices are absolutely stupid where you live, you should be able to get a good kit for under 100 bucks.