[SOLVED] Do I get a new CPU or wait?

Dec 25, 2018
I am bottlenecking my GPU very hard with my CPU and I don't know if I should wait or not. I am either going to buy a i7 9700k or a Ryzen 7 2700x now, or I will buy a Ryzen 7 3700x when it comes out. I am trying to stream on twitch but my cpu is way too slow to not lag. Is it worth it to wait until the performance increase from the Ryzen 3rd gen or should I get a cpu now. Also I am not worried about having to buy another motherboard if I switch to Ryzen because I will need a new motherboard for either cpu.
Current specs listed below:

Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO-VD
CPU: i5 7400
RAM : 16GB 2400MHz
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 1070 Ti

Solution
Well first, for your streaming, make sure your using the nvidia GPU for streaming and not the CPU. (your probably already doing that).

Really it depends on your needs when it comes to a CPU upgrade. If you think you can wait for Zen 2, then go for that But if you cannot, go with either the 9700K or 2700X.

So, which CPU:

9700K: Better in gaming. Superior to the 2700X when streaming IF you plan to use the Nvidia GPU for encoding

2700X: Better for streaming if you plan to use x264 encoding.
Well first, for your streaming, make sure your using the nvidia GPU for streaming and not the CPU. (your probably already doing that).

Really it depends on your needs when it comes to a CPU upgrade. If you think you can wait for Zen 2, then go for that But if you cannot, go with either the 9700K or 2700X.

So, which CPU:

9700K: Better in gaming. Superior to the 2700X when streaming IF you plan to use the Nvidia GPU for encoding

2700X: Better for streaming if you plan to use x264 encoding.

Solution