[SOLVED] Do I have a broken motherboard?

Dec 4, 2020
To start things off, I think my motherboard is dead.

It's a X99X killer Fatality motherboard: ASRock > Fatal1ty X99X Killer, and has been working for a few years. Well, cut to now, and my desktop pc doesn't work anymore. It makes this weird clicking noise twice in quick succession, a higher pitch and lower pitch one, when I press the power button, and will turn on and off repeatedly with a few seconds' pause in between each time, each time making that sound. I've heard the BIOS beeping noise before, and this was nowhere near that. Naturally, I tried to find out what was wrong. After some internet searching, I disconnected and tested a few things.

The Dr. Debug is dead, just grey, with no LEDs on. It doesn't seem to go through either BIOS or POST. The capacitators seem to be fine, I've tried resetting CMOS, with the button, the jumpers, and the battery, to no avail.
I tested it outside the case, but that doesn't work either. I tried stripping everything down, until I only had RAM, the CPU, the motherboard and the power supply. Same result. It can't be the RAM, since it does the same thing and the same sound no matter what I do with it.
Heck, even having no RAM has the same result. If Internet searching taught me one thing, it's that "it's the same with no RAM? That probably shouldn't be happening."
So, that leaves the motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Well, I tested with two different power supply's, one being a Corsair RM750x, and different plugs throughout the household, and same result.
Thus, either CPU or motherboard. I have an Intel Core i7 Processor, seemingly in fine condition, with no bent CPU pins. The thermal paste doesn't seem to be dry, either, so it's probably not the CPU. That leaves the motherboard.

But, the motherboard seems fine. As I said before, no leaking or building capacitators, and presumably no shorting, which is where I'm stuck. It doesn't seem to be broken, but my computer isn't working either, so something must be wrong. I don't think it needs a BIOS update, and I couldn't try even if I wanted to, since it doesn't boot up. I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me with this?

Solution
your mobo is dead. you did what you could. my condolences.

this or CPU. i had an 4790k that died a similar way. it was delidded though, so maybe it was the liquid metal inside that leaked. idk.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
your mobo is dead. you did what you could. my condolences.

this or CPU. i had an 4790k that died a similar way. it was delidded though, so maybe it was the liquid metal inside that leaked. idk.

Solution