[SOLVED] Do I have a defective case?

macphoto

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
I've had a Lian Li PC-A61 case for the last five years. It has proven itself durable through countless rebuilds but there is one issue that annoys me. If you look at the attached photo, you'll see that with the PCI cards fully seated in their slots, they don't align properly with the screw holes. I actually have to apply pressure to secure them. What ends up happening is that the card lifts just a bit out of the slot to enable the screws to go in. This doesn't seem to matter with full sized cards like the GPUs. But I need to leave my RAID adapter unsecured, otherwise I run into connectivity issues. My assumption is that the case is out of alignment. My logic board is properly seated and screwed into the posts that connect it to the enclosure. I'm wondering whether there's a way to shim the posts so the board is tilted slightly toward the back of the enclosure. Or maybe there's a reason for this.

No doubt I should have returned the case right away but I didn't. I'm looking mostly for a reality check and maybe some suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Max

Solution
D
that case is not right. I agree that you should have sent it back when new.

macphoto

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
Thanks for the reality check. It's not the end of the world but it's so obviously wrong. I might try contacting Lian Li on the off-chance that they see the difference between something that failed out of warranty and a product that was defective from day one. Won't hold my breath though.