Question Do I have a faulty GPU?

OneShotRengo

Reputable
Apr 17, 2017
My computer has been constantly blue screening whenever I run too many things at once, though I would hardly called it "too many". I could be playing wow on one monitor and have chrome on my other monitor watching videos and my computer will suddenly blue screen. I thought it was a problem with my cpu because I had set it to sync all cores, so I just loaded the default settings on my motherboard and no longer have anything tinkered with. However, I am still getting this blue screens. Also, I noticed that when I try to use any gpu overclocking application like msi afterburner or even asus gpu tweakII my computer will crash when using either of those applications gpu oc scanner. which is leading me to believe something is happening to my gpu when I am playing games.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am just so confused as to why this keeps happening.

Here is my full build.
Motherboard: asus rog maximus xi hero (BIOS UP TO DATE)
CPU : I7 8700k
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2060 OC Gaming
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8) 3200
SSD: Corsair Force Series MP300 120GB NVMe m.2
HDD: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM IDE - st3160815as
PSU: Corsair RMX Series RM750x
Case: NZXT h700i

OneShotRengo

Reputable
Apr 17, 2017
Yes, doing an OS reinstall was the first thing that I did. The GPU idle stays at 38C-40C, when playing games the hottest I've seen it reach is 46C-48C. Also these are some of the blue screen error messages I have recieved.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The current driver on my GPU is 430.64

OneShotRengo

Reputable
Apr 17, 2017
I also just tried to do a stress test only on my gpu using aida 64 and immediately I was prompted with a blue screen.

I've also tried re-seating the card before and that didn't help either

OneShotRengo

Reputable
Apr 17, 2017
UPDATE: So I was thinking maybe if I used another pcie for my gpu instead of using the other 6 pin connected to the 8 pin of the pcie I already had connected that maybe it would help. So far, I am 10 minutes into a stress test using AIDA 64 and no crashes yet. My guess is maybe the single pcie connector is faulty? Or maybe the 8 pin on the pcie connector is fine and maybe something is wrong with the 6 pin connector attached to it. I'm gonna let the stress test run for about an hour and see how it does.

Your current GPU model requires 1 x 6-pin, and 1 x 8-pin PCI-E power connectors. The RMx 750 watts PSU is having 4 PCIe 8-pin cables (6+2).

AfHNYxg.png