Do i have a monitor problem or a system problem - micro stutter??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
my rig, i believe is up to date below...

for some time now, i have noticed what could be micro stutter while playing games. a game, take say sims 3, on my current rig can reach 300 fps and beond. using this as an example of no vsync, while playing, the game can be "choppy" while playing. this i mean i can notice say a .2ms jump between each frame, which happens all the time.

modern warfare 2 though, with vsync enabled, i have it set at 60fps. this, what i think is microstutter, still occures. anoying for first person shooters, specially online where i may be shooting some one and the screen is jumping frames.

this did happen on my old 4870x2 and once i upgraded to 5870 (x2) it still ocured. (and yes, have removed one card, disabled crossfire)

my monitor runs at 1680 x 1050 at 60hz ( cant seem to enable 75 hz though) it is a LG flatron w2252tq

Also i have noticed that the monitor mucks up some colours like blacks, makes them like a dark splotch green which is very anoying.

could some one help in determining if its my monitor or i am just unlucky as i do not know how to fix this problem.

Thank you

(p.s. when playing at 60 fps, due to this "micro Stutter" it almost feels like im playing at 25 fps due to the jummpyness of it)
graphics drivers are beyond date (9.11 beta)

Liamknights

Honorable
Feb 13, 2015

I had the same problem before. I'm not an expert or anything but disabling ITC processing and enabling GPU scaling in AMD control setting in my digital flat screen or so,etching like that. Like I said I'm not an expert you might not have AMD in that case I don't know. This is what fixed my problem