[SOLVED] Do I have a power supply issue?

Feb 16, 2021
I’ve had my current i7 build for a few years and have made some upgrades here and there. 2 days ago everything was fine, running perfectly all fans, 2 monitors no issues per usual. Yesterday I turn on the computer neither monitor cranks on and I notice my mousepad, keyboard and mouse are not lit up. So, appears I’m not getting a. Signal from the gpu or any usb devices. All 9 case fans work fine, light up and such and the system does not power down.

I read something on memory positioning issues potentially solving this issue however that looks like it helps a new build and this has been in operation for years. I tried repositioning the memory sticks anyways to no avail.

I took the system apart and cleaned the components. Reattached everything and now the computer turns on and shuts down in 10-15 seconds again with all fans running but no monitor bios output and no usb devices getting a signal. Last week I did remember hearing a louder noise coming from the case like a loud throttling vibration. Does this sound like a power supply issue? Using a Corsair tx650w psu.

intel I7 2600k
Cooler master HAFx
Antech kuhler 620
Corsair tx650w psu
Msi z77 mpower motherboard
Evga gtx970
8gb x2 ddr3-1600 (9-9-9-24)
Sb xfi
Corsair ll120 rgb x9
4 x crucial sata sdd
Windows 10

thank you in advance for any feedback relating to this issue

Last edited:

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Yeah, that's over 10 years old. I'd say you're overdue for a new power supply. They do have perishable components in them.

Check the price of these models at 750W too. In many cases the difference between 650W and 750W price is very small. Grab a 750 instead if so.
The sad truth is many of these power supplies can only go on for so long. It is not surprising, but rather impressive that it functioned for that period.