Eric

I have been getting "application is not responding" messages lately. Also I
can't get the system to restore from any checkpoint. I recently tried to
install some digital camera software and then had trouble reading from the
camera and it's USB. I have run Norton Anti-virus from the program on the
computer and from the Symantec web site, each time being told I don't have a
virus, but the machine is acting up. Tonight I tried to install yet another
digital camera program for an upgraded camera and received a error message
of :

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.

The after I 'closed' the application I got another "This program is not
responding" message for ccAPP or something like that.

Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? How I can fix it? Is it a
virus/trojan horse issue or just some corrupted files?

Thanks.

Eric, here's some information regarding the autoexec.nt

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS
and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program

Replace the standard version of autoexec.nt/config.nt by copying a backup copy
located in %windir%\repair\ to %windir%\system32\
(NB: %windir% is typically C:\Windows)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314106
Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based Programs in Windows

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem error while installing or running a DOS application:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/16bit.htm