[SOLVED] Do I have enough watts in my prebuilt PSU?

hm2zh89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
I have a 1tb hard drive for the OS and another Western Digital 1tb hard drive for games storage. I just ordered a 500gb SSD so that would mean that I would have 3 hard drives installed on it along with a 1050ti. What I am afraid of is the psu. I don't know if I have enough power for it? What do you think?

Solution
You may run into a problem with the bios. The 1050 Ti requires a UEFI compatible bios and HP never updated the bios on older boards to support UEFI

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have a 1tb hard drive for the OS and another Western Digital 1tb hard drive for games storage. I just ordered a 500gb SSD so that would mean that I would have 3 hard drives installed on it along with a 1050ti. What I am afraid of is the psu. I don't know if I have enough power for it? What do you think?

Well, the missing information here that we'd need is information about your prebuilt PSU.

hm2zh89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
You may run into a problem with the bios. The 1050 Ti requires a UEFI compatible bios and HP never updated the bios on older boards to support UEFI

yep, I realize that I am probably really pushing this build. I've had it since 2018, I was considering to stop throwing money into it and just put the money towards an AMD 3700x build but I was reminded that an SSD would give me a smoother performance and give it some life. But I really should be saving for a build next year.

hm2zh89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2020
Maybe I should consider disconnecting the cable off the dvd drive since I dont use it. That should get me some extra power right?

Last edited: