[SOLVED] Do i have static electricity damage?

Sep 21, 2019
Hello, the PC i have turns on when i change the mode on my fan (not part of my PC) in the same room. I don't know if static electricity has damaged it as it seems to be particularly slow when booting up than before. I have tile flooring. If i have gotten damage, how would i diagnose it? Should i not keep the PC on the floor? Thanks

Solution
It is not static damage, IMO. The fan drops the voltage going to the power supply. The power supply sees that like it was just "plugged in" when the voltage comes back. Therefore the PC starts to boot. You could change the BIOS so the PC doesn't try to boot when plugged in.

kanewolf

Titan
It is not static damage, IMO. The fan drops the voltage going to the power supply. The power supply sees that like it was just "plugged in" when the voltage comes back. Therefore the PC starts to boot. You could change the BIOS so the PC doesn't try to boot when plugged in.

Solution
Sep 21, 2019
Thank you