[SOLVED] Do I have to add USB ports to this power supply unit calculator website?

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I use the eXtreme Outer Vision power supply unit calculator website (https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator ) to calculate the amount of power a computer needs and a UPS with an appropriate VA value for it. If my motherboard (GIGABYTE B365 M AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0)) has (or supports up to) six USB 3.0 ports and six USB 2.0 ports, do I need to add six "USB 3.0 Device" and six "USB 2.0 Device" to the "Other Devices (USB, LED, Controllers, etc.)" section before I press "CALCULATE" to find out how much power a computer needs?

Solution
You only add those devices if you actually have devices connected to them (keyboard, mouse, external drive, etc).
The ports themselves dont mean much of anything by themselves.

That being said, you would be better off doing the math yourself, most if not all PSU calculators are blatantly wrong, especially when doing UPS math.
You only add those devices if you actually have devices connected to them (keyboard, mouse, external drive, etc).
The ports themselves dont mean much of anything by themselves.

That being said, you would be better off doing the math yourself, most if not all PSU calculators are blatantly wrong, especially when doing UPS math.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS