Do I have to buy extra fans for the NZXT S340 Elite and is there enough cooling?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Hey, I just wanted to know whether the case comes with pre-installed fans, because from what I can see, it only comes with 1x top exhaust fan, and 1x rear fan.

I am not sure it comes with 2 front fans. And does this case have good air cooling? I.e. can this case keep a gaming PC cool?

Solution
lie on, hit, break, twist, bent, destroy

it is like a pickaxle for a mainboard, use with caution, don't let it fall against the components and you will have soon your machine assembled and running

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
ideally, you should have one fan in the front pushing cold air in and one in the back pulling hot air out of the case

two fans pulling out hot ait but none pushing air in makes a partial airflow inside your case

this affects especially the gpu, in that area, without the pan pushing air in, there is no flow of cold air for the card, just pushes more hot air inside

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
And does it come with front fans? I am aware that the best cooling option, afaik, is:

Front fans: intakes.
Top and rear: exhausts. Right?

Ps. What good case would be for overclocking? (as in, air-cooling options?)

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
So, is there any other better case which has the front fans?

Ps. how do I neutralise myself, i.e. how do I free myself from Electro - static discharge when PC building?

Can I build a PC, without an anti-static wrist band? Sadly, they are out of stock now.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
touching a case that is grounded, or by buying the right tool

in general i never used any esd protection, and i never burn anything

don't assemble over a carpet, use your shoes to isolate from the grund and work on a table made of wood, metalling tables are a esd source

you can buy more fans later or move the ones it has as i said, just remove 4 screws and put the fan pusing air in, in the front with the same 4 screws

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

I'll most likely build on the floor, and what do you mean by "a case that is grounded" how do I know if it is grounded?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the psu conncted to the power outlet and the case with screws mounted to the case

i never do it honestly

you will be fine if you never touch the pci express connector on the card, the connectors on the ram module and the connectors on the dpu

also don't touch any metallic surface over the mainboard, all should be fine

esd in the worst case can leave you without a ethernet adapter or sound card and hat is a very very uncommon situation

it is more common to happen a doa device than you killing a part with your hands

it is more dangerous to let the screwdriver over the mainboard, that does kill parts, and happen alot more than esds

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Screwdrivers are commonly used to screw in the parts. by "to let the screwdriver over the mainboard" do you mean having it lie on the motherboard?

This ESD gives me the OCD. Lol. I used to touch the radiator to free myself from Electro-static-discharge. Will that work?

Is NZXT S340 Elite or Corsair 400Q/C better? Corsair's is cheaper... Hmm. Is it best to have more intakes than exhausts?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Ok, final question:

The motherboard I have says that it has "ESD protection", I know I should never touch the connectors (i.e. RAM pins, CPU pins, etc.)

I'll touch RAM by its heatspreader, anyway. So is it worth it to buy an anti-static wristband. Though it is out of stock and comes in on 08/02/17.

As for the Anti-ESD wrist-band, I have to connect it to something metallic. You know the PSU On/Off switch? How do I know if O is for ON or I is for ON?

there is this O / I switch on the PSU. Will the radiator suffice?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Thanks, last question, is Cryorig H7 good for overclocking? What is best for 50-75$?