[SOLVED] do i have to download chipset drivers

May 19, 2020
Before i want to build my pc i want to make sure what drivers to install, but everytime i watch joey delgado pc build guides he doesn't install chipset drivers and i want to make sure weather to install chipset drivers or not

Solution
Windows 10 will install things like chipset drivers automatically to get a machine up and running. That said, depending on the cpu / motherboard you are using it's probably a good idea to download and install the latest drivers from the vendor as the ones included with Windows 10 are often quite out of date (or it uses a generic driver). A good case is the AMD chipset drivers and Windows 10 power profiles for Ryzen 3000 series cpus - these can give a nice boost in performance vs the default Windows drivers.
Windows 10 will install things like chipset drivers automatically to get a machine up and running. That said, depending on the cpu / motherboard you are using it's probably a good idea to download and install the latest drivers from the vendor as the ones included with Windows 10 are often quite out of date (or it uses a generic driver). A good case is the AMD chipset drivers and Windows 10 power profiles for Ryzen 3000 series cpus - these can give a nice boost in performance vs the default Windows drivers.

Solution