Do I have to have a new Windows Product Key when installing Windows onto the same machine?

Aug 3, 2018
I have an Asus GL503V. It seems the 1 tb SSHD seems to be corrupted or something; The bios can't seem to detect it. So I have decided to buy a M.2 NVMe SSD, since I don't know if the drive problem comes from the Sata Chord or the drive itself and I don't have the technological capabilities.

Back to the topic, Would I need a new product key when installing Windows? I've heard I would not need one since I am installing onto the same machine.

All answers are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Solution
No

When you reinstall win 10 and get to screen asking for a license, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished.

Licencing info is stored on Microsoft servers now, they would have info on PC + old licence + possibly your email address on their servers. Any PC that has had win 10 on it before is covered.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No

When you reinstall win 10 and get to screen asking for a license, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished.

Licencing info is stored on Microsoft servers now, they would have info on PC + old licence + possibly your email address on their servers. Any PC that has had win 10 on it before is covered.

Solution