[SOLVED] Do i have to udpate the bios?

May 1, 2019
MSI B450 Mortar MAX
Ryzen 5 3600

For the first time in my life about to get a decent gaming machine, so i don't want to phuck something up.

Do i have to update the bios before i install windows or im gonna be ok without doing so? Is the bios on the motherboard ok out of the box?

Also, when im setting up my windows media installation tool, do i have to do adjust something for usb if it's new?

Solution
MSI B450 Mortar MAX
Ryzen 5 3600

For the first time in my life about to get a decent gaming machine, so i don't want to phuck something up.

Do i have to update the bios before i install windows or im gonna be ok without doing so? Is the bios on the motherboard ok out of the box?

Also, when im setting up my windows media installation tool, do i have to do adjust something for usb if it's new?
It should support your CPU out of the box. That is what the "MAX" designation gives you. My personal preference IS to update the BIOS before I ever start a Windows install. There is some risk. If you have a power outage in the middle of an update you could brick your board. But it is a pretty low risk.
MSI B450 Mortar MAX
Ryzen 5 3600

All the "MAX" models from MSI are out of the box compatible with Ryzen 3000 and have bigger ROM for BIOS thats why if you have an older non MAX MSI B450 you get a lite bios version because of the ROM size limitation.

Reactions: garlicc juice

kanewolf

Titan
MSI B450 Mortar MAX
Ryzen 5 3600

It should support your CPU out of the box. That is what the "MAX" designation gives you. My personal preference IS to update the BIOS before I ever start a Windows install. There is some risk. If you have a power outage in the middle of an update you could brick your board. But it is a pretty low risk.

Solution
May 1, 2019
But i won't lose mutch if i don't update, right?