Do I have to use a third party CPU cooler for FX-8350

Sumit Das

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I recently bought my CPU which has AMD FX-8350 Processor. I would not be OCing my system, but I do play games and do use 3D Packages for modeling, animation and Renderings. And didn't found any problems yet and fan's noise is also is very much less(atleast for me)

So the question is do I have to buy a third party CPU cooler. Is it very much important?

matt798

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
well it seems u got lucky with the cooler u received since you have not yet bought another one

the cooler master hyper 212 evo and artic silver thermal paiste is a good buy for around 45$

the thermal paste on the stock heat sink is much to thick for good cooling and with it on a hot day while all your cores are active you will get more than alarming temps over 60c
even if the above never happens for 45 bucks you get some longevity into your cpu

matt798

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
well if millions of uses and opinions is not enough to sell pure silver cut multiple ways to achieve the thinnest heat conductor and given extensive testing to ensure quality of product than i don't know what is

Um. Firstly, it's not pure silver. Their site claims it's "over 88% thermally conductive filler", which appears to imply that it's <12% actual silver.

I'm not saying that it's bad. The computer I'm typing this on is using it. I'm just saying that it's not worth replacing stock paste with it. Only reason this has it is because I needed to pull the heatsinks out, and it was what I had on hand.

02-Air-Cooling-High-Pressure.png

Note that the AS5 is 1.1℃ cooler than the bundled Cooler Master paste. Not worth it IMO.

Millions of people thought the world was flat.

Also, a solid flat conductor would be quite bad.

matt798

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
i just wanted to add your 8350's built in turbo multiplying technology that will give u more power and multiplier (4ghz vs 4.2ghz) is controlled with not only the amount of load the cpu is under but also the temperature

so it be a buy calculated with performance and stability overtime.

i hope u enjoy your 8350 it will be plenty of cpu for several years

matt798

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
numbers do not lie and thank you for sharing

i dont think it applies so heavily here as the computer will not be put into a oven on high

real world opinions and screen shots of awesome overclocks on the very same set-up i suggest and most people would.

90% of the time or more just by putting the cooler master on shows right away with lower idle temps.

i say skip on the artic silver but not the evo

Sumit Das

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I will go with the stock until my warranty period is over as it says If I change the cooler I cannot claim for the warranty. And it doesn't even makes noise and As I said i won't be overclocking it or neither use the turbo mode I'll surely install a CM Evo but not soon maybe I'll wait for the warranty yo expire first.

Thanks for you help.