Do I keep just the 4gb?

djdean7

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hello I have 1 ddr3 4gb corsair vengeance that runs at 1600mhz and I have a 2gb ddr3 mushkin enhanced that runs at 1066mhz as a spare but would it lower the performance of my corsair ram if I added it to my pc? And would it be bad for the system in any way since its not the same frequency? I know this wont be dual channel haha
Thank you

Solution
Hi djdean7
mixing different brands of ram can be very problematic , timings may be different and voltages this will cause you no end of problems
better to get the same corsair you already have and avoid the expense and headache , either that or get all mushkin
get exactly the same stick of vengance if you want to add more or just leave the 4gb in , dont mix them

Hi djdean7
mixing different brands of ram can be very problematic , timings may be different and voltages this will cause you no end of problems
better to get the same corsair you already have and avoid the expense and headache , either that or get all mushkin
get exactly the same stick of vengance if you want to add more or just leave the 4gb in , dont mix them

Solution

TRENDING THREADS