Do I lose the APU CPU performance if I allocate more ram to its integrated graphics?

Jun 22, 2018
I'm asking because I set the integrated graphics to 2gb, but I don't know if it is good or bad. I am on dual channel and I have 12GB of RAM DDR4 2400mhz. Should I set it to AUTO (which sets 512MB) or should I put 1gb?

Solution
If auto wasn't stealing enough system ram, then that answers my question. It indeed has a limit. Apparently that limit is less than 2GB. In that case, stay with the manual setting you have. With 12GB system RAM, you should be able to spare it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Auto should dynamically adjust as needed, robbing more of your system RAM when it sees fit. Setting it at 2GB manually, may lock it at that so it doesn't rob more when needed. I don't know however, what the max RAM auto uses. Which CPU do you have? Ryzen APU?

Jun 22, 2018

Hi. I have an A10 9700. In auto, I was getting 512mb of memory, and i was having lag in some games, but now, with 2gb, everything is running Fine. But is There any disvantage of Setting It to 2gb? (2gb is the maximum in the BIOS)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If auto wasn't stealing enough system ram, then that answers my question. It indeed has a limit. Apparently that limit is less than 2GB. In that case, stay with the manual setting you have. With 12GB system RAM, you should be able to spare it.

Solution