[SOLVED] Do i need a 1000W UPS for a 1000W powered pc?

Jan 29, 2021
Hello, I am about to buy a UPS for my gaming pc. My pc is powered by a 1000w 80 plus titanium PSU. I'm wondering if i have to get the same amount of watts for a UPS? Mind you I just need around 10 minutes to safely shut down my pc incase of a power outage.

Here are the full specs of my PC;
click here :)

Thank you in advance :)

Solution
Hello, I am about to buy a UPS for my gaming pc. My pc is powered by a 1000w 80 plus titanium PSU. I'm wondering if i have to get the same amount of watts for a UPS? Mind you I just need around 10 minutes to safely shut down my pc incase of a power outage.

Well first your PC don't draw 1000 watts more in the 600 or less area under a decent load. EDIT could be a bit more depending on the amount of monitors ETC.......

EDIT most people don't need a UPS for a gaming PC if you have fairly decent power stability where you live.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Well first your PC don't draw 1000 watts more in the 600 or less area under a decent load. EDIT could be a bit more depending on the amount of monitors ETC.......

EDIT most people don't need a UPS for a gaming PC if you have fairly decent power stability where you live.

Last edited:
Solution