Question Do I need a back exhaust fan

ron2456

Distinguished
Do I need a back exhaust fan? My previous one died.
Currently I have two sickle flow X 2000rpm 90cfm as intake and two 41cfm 1200rpm TT Riing 12cm as exhaust.
Plus a gamaxx 300 as cpu cooler pointed front to back
Currently the back exhaust fan has been removed because its dead.

Last edited:

Nadoworks

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
In order to keep your PC in optimum cooling condition you definitely need an exhaust fan, the intake and CPU fans only bring in the air to absorb the heat from the heat fins, from there the hot air has to place to go but linger around in your case. This is why the exhaust fan is important, it provides complete ventilation Intake and exhaust.

Up to a point, you do not need an exhaust fan.
Whatever air comes in the front will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.

But... your experience shows the value of a rear exhaust fan to direct the airflow past the cpu cooler and out of the case.

I think your temperatures are not dangerous, but why not spend $7 or so for an exhaust fan.

ron2456

Distinguished
In order to keep your PC in optimum cooling condition you definitely need an exhaust fan, the intake and CPU fans only bring in the air to absorb the heat from the heat fins, from there the hot air has to place to go but linger around in your case. This is why the exhaust fan is important, it provides complete ventilation Intake and exhaust.
Up to a point, you do not need an exhaust fan.
Whatever air comes in the front will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.

But... your experience shows the value of a rear exhaust fan to direct the airflow past the cpu cooler and out of the case.

I think your temperatures are not dangerous, but why not spend $7 or so for an exhaust fan.

Got another SickleFlow X installed and now this are my load temps in Aida64. Room temps were around 36°C ish.
C52uvcS.png

Last edited:
36c!! ouch(100f.)

Any cooler starts with the ambient temperature so you are limited in what yu can do.
Best to buy a room air conditioner if you can.

The report you posted does not show the cpu temperatures.
I note that the cpu vcore is near 1.4v which is high.
You might try underclocking the cpu which will lower your temperatures(and performance)

ron2456

Distinguished
36c!! ouch(100f.)

Any cooler starts with the ambient temperature so you are limited in what yu can do.
Best to buy a room air conditioner if you can.

The report you posted does not show the cpu temperatures.
I note that the cpu vcore is near 1.4v which is high.
You might try underclocking the cpu which will lower your temperatures(and performance)

Usually when I game or do things I turn on the AC. And the CPU diode temp is the cpu temperature if I am correct.
I might invest in a better cooler but not sure if it would help or not over my current Gamaxx 300.