[SOLVED] Do i need a BIOS update???

Hi,im planning on buying i5-3570k to replace my i3-3240 cpu.I have a lenovo ih61m motherboard,so im wondering do i need a bios update for it.The motherboard supports it so im only worried if i need a bios update?

All answers are appreciated :)

PS:Also if you could send me a link to a bios update,if needed?

RealBeast

Titan
Hi,im planning on buying i5-3570k to replace my i3-3240 cpu.I have a lenovo ih61m motherboard,so im wondering do i need a bios update for it.The motherboard supports it so im only worried if i need a bios update?

All answers are appreciated :)

PS:Also if you could send me a link to a bios update,if needed?
You should not need a bios update since they are in the same Ivy Bridge family and the i5-3570K was released a few months before the i3-3240. Just to be certain, please post the Lenovo computer model number. Thanks.

You should not need a bios update since they are in the same Ivy Bridge family and the i5-3570K was released a few months before the i3-3240. Just to be certain, please post the Lenovo computer model number. Thanks.
ok thanks.
The pc is:https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Len...Windows_7_Professional-Wi_RCCJPUK/version.asp
My uncle replaced the Pentium with a i3-3240 years ago,recently gave me 16gb (2x8) kit of ddr3,and i bought a r9 380 4gb from gigabyte recently.Oh and i forgot to mention that he bought me a new 1tb hdd,but i will add a ssd after i buy the cpu,also im running windows 10 64-bit.Im wondering if the i7-3770k would be a better choice.I know its more expensive than 3570k and i saw that 3570k is similar in game performance,but the 3770k just attracts me more.I found a good deal for 80 euros.The seller offered the 3570k,a unused scythe mugen cooler and unused thermal paste for 80 euros,but he is willing to sell just the 3570k for 60 euro,so i was thinking of buying that combo for 80 euros.Im just wondering will the 3770k be a better choice?