[SOLVED] Do I need a Bluetooth adapter to connect headphones to PC?

Solution
Canyon Wireless Bluetooth Sporty Earphones BTH-1 (CNS-SBTHS1L)

Page link: https://canyon.eu/product/cns-sbths1l/
You will need to order a Bluetooth 4 USB adapter for your computer, as the earphones will work with most modern cellphones that already have Bluetooth, but not with a PC. Amazon has a ton of them. Bluetooth 4.1 (your earphones) will work with all Bluetooth 4 or 5 implementations (4.0, 4.1,4.2, 5) -- just be sure to get a newer adapter that has Windows 10 drivers. They run around $10 or so.

The Orica BTA-403 would be fine.

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
Check the details of your purchase, the headphones may come with a PC dongle. But in any case you will need a Bluetooth adapter on your PC, which it may have -- what is the model?

My headphone order and the description says nothing about an adapter.

Can you please elaborate that I may have an adapter on my PC? And when you ask what model, what are you referring to?

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
Some laptops come with Bluetooth build in with the wireless -- very few motherboards do though.

I'm on a PC and using an Ethernet cable, so that would be a no. In that case, I should order a Bluetooth Adapter?

Can you tell me if I should spend a bit of money of a simple 10$ adapter such as Orica BTA-403 will do just fine?

My motherboard model is Gigabyte H310M S2H 2.0

RealBeast

Titan
Canyon Wireless Bluetooth Sporty Earphones BTH-1 (CNS-SBTHS1L)

Page link: https://canyon.eu/product/cns-sbths1l/
You will need to order a Bluetooth 4 USB adapter for your computer, as the earphones will work with most modern cellphones that already have Bluetooth, but not with a PC. Amazon has a ton of them. Bluetooth 4.1 (your earphones) will work with all Bluetooth 4 or 5 implementations (4.0, 4.1,4.2, 5) -- just be sure to get a newer adapter that has Windows 10 drivers. They run around $10 or so.

Solution

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: RealBeast