Do i need a cooler for my build and is 500w enough ?

G

Hi
1-Do i need a cooler for my build ?
Gigabyte z87m-d3h
Intel i5-4670K
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
Kingston Hyper X 8GB 1600Mhz
2-I want to buy 500W Power Supply is that enough ?
3-Who i can switch between Graphic card and the Mobo Graphic
4-Is My Build Good For Gaming ?

Solution

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
1) That depends if you are going to overclock because you do have a k processor.

2) The minimum psu recommended by Nvidia is a 500W, but guru3d recommends a 550W. A good quality 500W should be fine with no overclocking. The question is, Whats the brand and model of the psu?

3) Don't really understand this question

4) Yes your build is good, though you can maybe give us a budget and we can recommend something better

G

The third question is when i want to play games i should let the gtx 670 active but when i want play and record videos i should active the z87 motherboard grahpic how i can switch between them
ex: the z77 motherboard have lucid app that he can do that
btw i dont know what kind of power supply i will get because my friend will buy it for me i heard it something like antec black editon or something else but the thing that im sure that its black editon power supply
and that is the maximum parts i can buy because in my country the parts are high price
Thanks

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Now just why would you want to do that?, it makes no sense to use the integrated graphics when you have a discrete gpu, anyway, you would get worse performance, let your 670 do all the work, not to worry :)

For your psu, I never heard of an antec black edition, maybe your friend was referring to the case. Anyway, Antec make solid psu's so make sure its a minimum 500W, but I recommend a 550W just to be safe, and make sure it has two 6 pin connectors

Solution
G

thanks for the advice :)
btw the psu not antec
all i know is the psu its black editon but which company i dont know it :)

Scremin34Egl

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Stick to good brands like corsair, antec, xfx, seasonic, rosewill and Silverstone are not too bad either and you should be fine. Make sure its 80+ certified too