Question Do I need a corsair controller for what I plan to add to Corsair iCUE 465X?

jase888

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2012
Looking at buying the Corsair iCUE 465X case which comes with a RGB controller and 3 Corsair LL120 fans installed, it can hold up to to 6 fans on the controller. However as its been a long time since I built a computer not sure how RGB works for CPU cooler lighting and have a query:

So I plan to add a Corsair H110i Platinum RGB CPU Cooler this comes with 2 fans and then also add 1 extra Corsair LL 120 RGB fan at the back. So its essentially only 3 fans which theres room for on the controller but does the Corsair H110i require RGB cable connected to the controller for the part that goes on the CPU cooler as this lights up too? I want it to be in sync with the other fans so I assume it does? Or does the H100i just need 1

Extra query is the Corsair H100i has ML fans I believe but the case is LL fans, can they all go into the same controller and is there any downside to having different types?

Not built a PC since around 2011 (i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB RAM DDR3, AMD RX580 8GB) still going strong but overdue an upgarde and to join the RGB crowd!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS