[SOLVED] Do I need a CPU cooler?

JJ2012

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hi

Just bought an AMD Ryzen 9 9300x and Asus Rog Hero VIII 570x.

Do I need to buy a new cooler or will the one that comes with the CPU be sufficient please? If I need to buy a new one could you suggest which one pls?

This is my first build so be nice lol

the stock cooler is fine if you don't plan to overclock much.
depending on your needs and case clearance may the Cooler Master 212 EVO or MA410P Tuf Edition.
(the latter is available in he US for $20 after rebate)

Hi

Just bought an AMD Ryzen 9 9300x and Asus Rog Hero VIII 570x.

Do I need to buy a new cooler or will the one that comes with the CPU be sufficient please? If I need to buy a new one could you suggest which one pls?

This is my first build so be nice lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ2012
If you want to squeeze the best performance from the chip at low noise an AIO 280 or larger is recommended...if you're looking for an average system the stock cooler will work fine but expect it to be loud under full load. Either way you go a case with good airflow is needed.

JJ2012

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
If you want to squeeze the best performance from the chip at low noise an AIO 280 or larger is recommended...if you're looking for an average system the stock cooler will work fine but expect it to be loud under full load. Either way you go a case with good airflow is needed.
You do not need one, you'll do just fine with the cooler that comes with the cpu.

Ive heard that the wraith prism gets pretty loud under heavy loads so if thats an issue then i'd suggest an aftermarket cooler.

Some of my suggestions:

Noctua NH-D15
Scythe Mugen Rev B.
Dark Rock Pro 4

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS